Subject: Text-to-Speech (sort of)
From: Yusef Napora (
Date: 2002-06-20

Hey rockboxers,

I'm just writing to say that i've just written a text-to-speech app which
has been desingned for use with the rockbox. It works by having the user
pre-encode a whole ton of small mp3 files, each containing one word. Store
these files on the jukebox and a small app will convert text files to a
playlist made up of these mp3 files. It doesn't run on the rockbox yet,
because it needs disk writing support. But, hey, I thought it was kind of
neat. If you want to check it out, go to

- Yusef Napora