Subject: Re: some questions
From: Greg Haerr (greg_at_censoft.com)
Date: 2002-06-20

> The code "would treat the display always as an entirely graphical area".
> don't quite understand in what way the current code doesn't do this.

Perhaps I need more education on exactly how the displays work
on the various players. Could someone clarify the following for me?

Player: post 4.03 allows text-only and double-high character mode.
Will this LCD display bitmaps, or only internal character set?
I'm not sure whether this LCD is character-only, or can display
arbitrary dots.

What type display is used on the earliest player version? Do
we care about that? I mean, do we need UI apps that will work
on all versions, or should we have seperate graphical vs character-only
versions?

Recorder: full bitmap display, 112x64 pixels.

Regards,

Greg