Subject: Re: Playlists, id3-tags, index
From: Mats Lidell (matsl_at_contactor.se)
Date: 2002-06-20

>>>>> Linus wrote:

Linus> However, we would need some kind of program to index the tracks
Linus> on the Archos. I just wanted to check if this is what people
Linus> feel like a good solution, or am I way off base here?

I definitely like the idea to get a mp3 player UI. What I mean is to
get away from the directories and files etc.

Maybe a small step in this direction is to get the 'play a
directory'-thing to get the order in the playlist from the id3
tags. This would replace my current use of m3u-files nearly
completely.

With the organization on disc /artist/album/song.mp3 this would get
most of the wanted functionality.

Yours

--
%% Mats