Subject: recent development

recent development

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:28:04 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Benoit Midy wrote:

> I' d like to add the "Snake" as new games application. I will try it this
> evening, so if I get success, I'll inform you. And perhaps we could add it
> to the actual firmware.

Just post the source when you have something working and someone will add it!

> I get a message from the rockbox-cvs ML so there was a note in the log
> change about "proportinal font" ? Is there something new about the font
> management ?

Magnus Öman hacked up a test font that is variable width and I added some
experimental code that uses the font on screen. It is still very basic and
not working completely. Add -DLCD_PROPFONTS to the CFLAGS in
firmware/Makefile to rebuild with variable width font support.

It is a bit of preparation for Greg's font stuff. I'm awaiting that before
I'd do anything major in this area.

> - And about the bootloader ? what is intend and how far is the developement
> ?

The name 'RoLo' was thought out immediately and is with us in our hearts! ;-)

AFAIK, we have no code at all for it yet (I mean, apart from the ATA and
FAT32 code etc). We have talked a lot about it and I think we all agree that
we'd like it to be able to offer the user a selection of images to load,
including the original Archos firmware, the rockbox firmware, perhaps a game
pack or why not the "PDA image"...

It could then even offer loading of *unscrambled* firmwares too. Removing
that annoying step from the building process.

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Rocking the box => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/