Subject: Re: Compiling Win32 Simulator with MingW

Re: Compiling Win32 Simulator with MingW

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:42:02 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Yusef Napora wrote:

> just writing to say that i've got the Win32 uisimulator compiling with
> mingw (a port of gcc to win32, http://www.mingw.org). I couldn't get
> lcc-win32 to install on my maching, so i fiddled with this until it started
> working. If anyone else needs to get this working, I put the files I
> changed at http://www2.emji.net/ynapora/speakmp3.html and feel free to
> email me as well.

I would like to see these changes get applied to the CVS sources, so that
users can use whatever compiler they have to build the win32 simulator, be
it MSVC++, lcc-win32 or mingw.

I'm all for giving CVS access to those who want to take care of setting
things up for a particular compiler/environment. Because as things move in
the sources, things will need to get adjusted in the makefiles etc to keep
working.

Of course, these files that are modified to work with different compilers
should either be made to work with all compilers or use a suitable set of
#ifdefs.

I would also suggest that each win32 compiler setup has its own Makefile in
the uisimulator/win32 directory.

These are just my opinions.

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Rocking the box => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/