Subject: Unresolved memcmp (Spotted)
From: Alex Gitelman (alex_at_fg-soup.com)
Date: 2002-06-21

It appears that gcc 3.1 uses inline for strncmp and it uses memcmp
internally. (I assume it's gcc 3.1 'cause nobody was getting this
problem). For that reason memcmp is put as a symbol in object file, so
having local strncmp version still leaves _memcmp symbols unresolved.

I will look into it latter tonight and over weekend, however if
somebody fixes it before or knows how to solve it with options (no
inline?) please post the message.

Example:

id3.c: (Stripped out) that causes the unresolved symbol problem:

#include <string.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <stdbool.h>
#include "file.h"