Subject: Réf. : questions ...

Réf. : questions ...

From: <jeansebastien.tauth_at_mpsa.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:57:45 +0200

Hi. I have two (probably offtopic) questions... :-)

1. Are these Archos units good quality, or are they cheap, flimsy things
that will fall apart after a bit of use?

> I bought an Archos Jukebox Studio 20 Go few weeks ago. It came with the
lastest firmware 5.08. So far I've experienced only one problem (W'XP
didn't sucessfully deleted the mp3 on the unit). But I'm totally happy with
it. I use it at least 2 hours a day. The batteries last almost 9 hours. And
except the headphones that look *cheap*, the Archos is well designed. As
you can read in this mailing list, some guys (Rockbox !) are working very
hard on an alternative firmware. That means that you won't be disappointed
when you like to *play* with your unit, and try to update it! I think the
Archos is definitely worth the money...
If you want more details, feel free to ask...
One more thing: you can see that most people here are discussing about
updates, new firmwares... not that much about bugs and troubles (like in
other forums !)

2. I presume there is a mains adapter to charge the batteries ... but I
doubt it will work in New Zealand at 230V ... or will it? I'm wondering
if the charger is universal (voltage = 85 to 265 say). Many modern
switching regulators are universal.