Subject: Re: questions ...
From: brendan hack (bendy_at_bendys.com)
Date: 2002-06-25

Rob Ward wrote:
> Hi. I have two (probably offtopic) questions... :-)
>
> 1. Are these Archos units good quality, or are they cheap, flimsy things
> that will fall apart after a bit of use?

I know of someone whose hdd died about two hours after he received his unit. You know that 'do not cover' hole that the hdd's have? It was covered with the glue used to attach the backing plate to the hdd. We simply replaced the drive and everything was cool. I've still got the drive if anyone knows if there's a way I can get it to work again.

> 2. I presume there is a mains adapter to charge the batteries ... but I
> doubt it will work in New Zealand at 230V ... or will it? I'm wondering
> if the charger is universal (voltage = 85 to 265 say). Many modern
> switching regulators are universal.

NZ power is the same as here in Aus isn't it? So just buy the Australian version off the Europe web site and it will come with the appropriate power adapter. In fact, I think the only difference between the archoses for different countries is the power adapter you get.

cheers

bendy

--
Brendan Hack
Bendy's 3D Systems               Plugins for trueSpace 3 and above

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate