Subject: RE: C++ in Rockbox
From: Kjell Ericson (
Date: 2002-06-26

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 wrote:

> I would say the main advantage of C over C++ for this project is that C
> produce Faster and Smaller code. in this project, i guess we need both, fast
> ans small code.

I would say no to both statements. It is all up to how you write your code -
you can after all write C-code with a C++ compiler.

Naming a function lcd_update() or lcd::update() gives no difference. Björn
named the major advantages of using C.

But the likelyhood that somebody will make terrible slow and large code
has increased with C++. People has a tendency to use everything C++ offers
just because it is there (streams, new-operator, overloading operators, etc).

Let us protect ourself from those people :-)

  // Kjell