Subject: Re: C++ in Rockbox

Re: C++ in Rockbox

From: Mats Lidell <matsl_at_contactor.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:59:34 +0200

>>>>> Kjell wrote:

<off-topic>

Kjell> But the likelyhood that somebody will make terrible slow and
Kjell> large code has increased with C++.

Come on. I trust the core team to know what it is doing, that they
don't give check in access out easily and don't accept patches that
hasn't been inspected.

_AND_ I think that with C++ you can actually write better code than
with C.

On the other hand for this small and close to hardware project I agree
with Björn that C is ideal but not because we would write bad code
otherwise.

Nothing stops the interested from compiling rockbox with g++ just to
find out what the result might be in increased footprint, execution
speed etc.

</off-topic>

Yours
--