Subject: Re: C++ in Rockbox
From: Mats Lidell (
Date: 2002-06-26

>>>>> Kjell wrote:

Kjell> But the likelyhood that somebody will make terrible slow and
Kjell> large code has increased with C++.

Come on. I trust the core team to know what it is doing, that they
don't give check in access out easily and don't accept patches that
hasn't been inspected.

_AND_ I think that with C++ you can actually write better code than
with C.

On the other hand for this small and close to hardware project I agree
with Björn that C is ideal but not because we would write bad code

Nothing stops the interested from compiling rockbox with g++ just to
find out what the result might be in increased footprint, execution
speed etc.

%% Mats