Subject: Re: Patch to allow wrapping around in directories

Re: Patch to allow wrapping around in directories

From: Mats Lidell <matsl_at_contactor.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:14:24 +0200

>>>>> Benoit wrote:

Benoit> I think that the "tree wrapper" is must-have faeature.

It has definitely been on my wish list so I'd be happy to test the
patch.

Benoit> Sometime when we browse a folder that contrains a lots of file
Benoit> or subfolder (more than 100 in my case) that becomes boring to
Benoit> press the "down" button until to go to the 50th file ! So it
Benoit> could be interesant to use the "F2" and "F3" buttons (for the
Benoit> reorcder) to make a complete screen scroll (8-9 lines)

I have been thinking in other directions. I have a player so two lines
scrolling might not be that interesting although is is definitely
worth an experiment. Holding down a button could very well work as
well though.

What I have been thinking about is if there could be some way to
choose a letter and then go to the first file beginning with that
letter. We could have an alphabetic line, "abcdefg..." that you move a
cursor back and forth in to select a letter or just a single letter
rolling. Then press play and the ordinary browser pops up with the
first file beginning with that letter selected. But with so few
buttons all this might get to complicated to be interesting.

Yours
--
%% Mats