Subject: New member to the list

New member to the list

From: Mike Soultanian <msoultan_at_csulb.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:58:53 -0700

Hey Everyone,
I was just talking to my boss about the crappy firmware that's on the
AJB and he mentioned that there were a few hack sites on the web so I
did some searching and came upon this site. I really dig the project
that you guys are going for because your goals address alot of the
things that I'd like to see in the AJB.

I'd love to help out in any way I can.. however, I don't have much
programming knowledge. I have the 20GB recorder, so if you need any
testing, I'd be happy to throw new versions on my box and report what
issues I find...

Right now I'm trying to figure out to get the update loaded. I was able
to load the archos 1.27 firmware upgrade so I don't understand why it's
not working now. I've formatted the drive, renamed the proper Rockbox
file to ajbrec.ajz and copied it to the root, but the AJB system is
still reporting the firmware as 1.26. I just bought this unit so the
1.26 firmware is dated March 19, 2002.. have they put a check in their
OS to block Rockbox?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Mike