Subject: RE: Re[2]: The UI design
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se)
Date: 2002-07-02

> I think Recorder 20 (the one I got) has reasonably good UI. There few
> things that I would improve but calling it "unusually bad"
> is a little too much.

I agree.

> Now one thing I always wanted to mention. Archos is a player - not
> workstation. So its UI must target player end users. And those
> people are not computer gurus like most people developing the
> software.

I agree again. But the Player buttons are a serious problem. They are simply
too few, and their placement is very silly. You can't use the play and stop
buttons to scroll up and down because they are marked with Play and Stop
symbols. That takes a lot of getting used to, and i fear that Rockbox can't
do much different. That sucks.

/Linus