Subject: RE: Re[2]: The UI design
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se)
Date: 2002-07-02

> For the most part, it's not the UI of the Archos default
> firmware that is the reason for the Rockbox, IMO. I think
> it's more the lack of functionality that prompted this to
> start. (Am I right, guys?)

Yes, partly. But mostly because it is fun. I wouldn't do it otherwise. That
is why I wrote that about the "end product" in an earlier mail. We do this
for the fun of it and therefore have no particular visions about a "final
product".

We were kind of hoping that when we have most of the low-level code working,
other people would find interest in the UI and stuff. And that seems to have
happened now!

That is really good, because I am not a UI designer. I am a low-level coder.

/Linus