Subject: Re: Recording speeds...
From: Linus G Larsson (
Date: 2002-07-04

The Recorder doesn't use fixed bitrates - it records as VBR, so you
don't get to tell it which bitrate to use, but rather which quality.
When I chose quality 0 (low) and recorded speech, it ended up as
Joint-stereo recording seems to be the only one available.
You can choose sampling rate as well, between 16-44.1 kHz.

Note: This is all using the Archos firmware - I don't know if the
chipset supports other settings.