Subject: 8 bit in Archos files (and loadable fonts)
From: Alex Gitelman (alex_at_fg-soup.com)
Date: 2002-07-06

So eventually I figured how to make those loadable fonts work. (I am
going to submit them after some shape up).
There is a bigger problem however. It seems that all information about
filesystem comes in 7 bits. For that reason if file name is localized
and presented in 8 bits it will get scrambled. I got whole thing
working on simulator but on device only Latin file names appear right.

Is there anyway to deal with the problem? If not then it seriously
reduces the value of loadable fonts.
Thanks
Alex