Subject: Cue sheet support

Cue sheet support

From: craig <aura_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 02:12:35 -0700

Hi all,

I've been a lurker on this list since the beginning and thought it high
time I started to contribute. I'm amazed at how far you've got so
quickly - I instantly fell in love with v1.1 for the recorder - its
speed just has a really satifying feel to it. And of course the music
sounds better!

The feature I've wanted ever since getting the archos is cue sheet
support similar to what http://www.guerillasoft.com/mp3cue/ does for
winamp. To get perfect gapless playback the only solution I know of is
ripping a CD as a single file but then you loose track info - with
cuesheets and mp3cue it gives them back to you. I'd like to have a go
at adding a similar feature to the Rockbox. Anyone else consider this
useful?

Another thing I think would be cool is a jpeg decoder for displaying
album covers, but cue sheets first!

Thanks

Craig

P.S. I was going to upgrade to an Ipod but I think I'll stick with
archos thanks to the RockBox - I hope Archos knows open source can only
improve sales and they don't try to shut it out in future Jukeboxes.