Subject: RE: VBR bitrate and Time flicker

RE: VBR bitrate and Time flicker

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 13:13:03 +0100

>> Another bug that seems to have been introduced in later cvs builds (with
vbr
>> time support) is that quite often a song stops after about a minute or so
>> and the next one starts. I haven't had time to re-create it though and
see
>> exactly when/why it happens - I was driving at the time.

>This happened before VBR support too. We don't know yet why it happens.

I'm currently using and old cvs build 20020702 and I haven't seen it do it
yet (I've used it for about 3 hours so far).

Build 20020706 I was using the other day did it maybe 90% of the time and
mostly on vbr files (but I have mostly vbr's (encoded with xing) so probably
all files do it).

What about the scrolling file name on the top of the screen over-running?
That one looked nasty. I haven't looked at the scroller code yet but surely
it should just be a "window" into the buffer and so the buffer length
becomes irrelevent.

Stu.