Subject: RE: VBR bitrate and Time flicker
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2002-07-09

> This is a known issue. It is because the display changes when
> the DMA pointer enters the 64KB block that contains the track change.
>
> We will fix this by modifying the loader so each DMA block
> only ever contains one track, i.e. track changes happen on a
> block boundary.

Seems a shame to potentially waste 64KB of cache (if it only contains the
last byte of the current file). IMO this is a UI problem and as such should
be fixed at a higher level. I haven't looked at the code yet but if we know
the offset of the beginning of the next track in the 64K, what about
changing the display after the "offset" number of bytes have been
transferred - assuming we know the transfer rate?

Stu.