Subject: id3v2 vs id3v1; relative path update
From: Mat Pritchard (matthew_pritchard_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2002-07-09

Hi all,

It's really starting to come together now. I'm using the rockbox
firmware exclusively now, and there's nothig major that I need now.

OK, looking at the id3 code the other day, I notice that the id3v2 tags
are not processed if the length specified in the header is > 300 bytes.
My id3v2 lengths are frequently 1500 bytes or so, and therefore not
displayed. Is there any reaon for this? I mean the id3 frame can be any
length (256 MB from memory), but we only look at a few specific tags
anyway. Is it possible to just parse the tags we need?

Also, I sent a patch to Linus RE an improvement to the absolute path
code. Would you like me to send the patch to someone else?

--
Mat
matthew_pritchard at yahoo.com