Subject: RE: Possible Filename Buffer Overrun

RE: Possible Filename Buffer Overrun

From: Lee Marlow <lmarlow_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:43:04 -0600

It looks like it still happens on my AJBR20, too.

I noticed that TREE_MAX_FILENAMELEN is defined to be 128 in tree.c. The
actual filename looks like it can come from tree.c and playlist.c.
Buffer overruns aren't my thing, so I'm not sure where to start.

When we looked into this last week, we found that the maximum length for
a path in FAT32 is 260. The filename can be 256 characters at most,
leaving only 4 characters for any directory info. Possibly 256 + "C:\" +
NULL. (http://www.systweak.com/fat32/fat12.htm)