Subject: Getting started
From: Frank Trefflich (
Date: 2002-07-10

I'm sure this is not a new question, but a haven't found an answer jet...

So, I just wanted to know, who I can get started writing / change rockbox
I have installed GNUSH v0203 [ELF] on my win.nt system and I also have
(rockbox-1.1.tar.gz, descramble.exe, scramble.exe).

But where can I write my c-code? how can I create a 'project' with all
required files? is GNUSH my compiler or should I use another c-compiler?

Sorry for asking this simple and basic thinks, but I have no experience to
that. I just have written same vb-application and I think I'm able to write
c-programs. So, pls. explain me (or tell me where I can read this) what I
have to do to see the rockbox project and editing them (incl. debugging).

Thx, shiiva