Subject: fat filesystem problem
From: Alex Gitelman (
Date: 2002-07-12

I got pretty weird problem.
After I copied a lot of data on my Recorder 20, I discovered
that couple of directory names are displayed incorrectly.
For example if I have directory A which contains directory B and
B contains a list of MP3's, when I switch to directory A, I see some
random characters instead of. Still I can switch there and access my
mp3's. Windows shows things correctly. I tried to rename that
directory (B) to something else, It started showing some pieces of
song inside - but I guess it's just another random chars.
Then I moved this directory (B) to the root. And created empty
directory C in A. B now displays correctly but instead of C I see
random chars again. So I conclude that problem is with top directory

If anybody wants to research the issue I can send dump of some sectors
on my device. I moved A to the root (didn't change a thing). In couple
of days I will delete this C directory.