Subject: Re: Re[2]: Different charsets, loadable fonts, unicode ....
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-07-14

Alex Gitelman wrote:
> I thought about it, but to support variable widths bunch of changes
> to firmware need to be done because most UI tasks are done
> through character positions.

Actually, we already have variable width support. Add the define LCD_PROPFONTS to your firmware/Makefile and you get it. I'd say 95% of everything works fine without special position handling. We really mostly use character positions Y position, not X.

Variable width is a major benifit, since it allows more information on screen. I definitely think your code should support it.

--
Björn