Subject: [BUG] ata deep sleep & high bit rate mp3s
From: Hardeep Sidhu (
Date: 2002-07-18

The recent ata deeper sleep changes work a little too well. :) My AJBR6 does not wake up fast
enough to feed data when playing mp3s encoded with a high bit rate (I've encountered this on a CBR
320kbps file as well as VBR files where there is a sustained rate of 256-320kbps right when the
buffer empties) resulting in the jukebox hanging in the middle of the song.

I increased the MPEG_LOW_WATER value from 192K to 256K and the problem disappeared but I don't know
if that's the correct solution.

I can provide files that reproduce this bug if needed.