Subject: RE: Resume fetaure using the RTC to stor the resume point ?

RE: Resume fetaure using the RTC to stor the resume point ?

From: Nielsen Linus (ext) <"Nielsen>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:42:59 +0200

> However, if the drive has no partition table we are in trouble.
>
> I do not understand the last phrase : " However, if the
> drive has no partition table we are in trouble." ??
> What do you mean by this ? I'd like to get more explanation

I mean that if there is no partition table, i.e the disk is one large
partition itself, we don't know any sector that is guaranteed to be unused.
So we don't have a sector to write the resume info to.

> And about the write operation with the FAT32 driver, what is
> the status ? does it still in beta ?

It is virtually nonexistent. We haven't written any FAT32 code for writing.
There are some code fragments left of my FAT16 driver, but not anything even
close to being able to write to a file.

/Linus