Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Hardware problems

Re: Hardware problems

From: Greg Haerr <greg_at_censoft.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:36:32 -0600

: I can cause the Archos to spontaneously reboot or shut
: off by putting pressure on the earphone piece, which naturally presses the
: top/LCD/control board into the bottom/CPU board. Most of my audio and other
: settings are erased.

I have an Player 20, and it seems to have the same problem. If
I'm not careful and lift the unit by the earphone cord, the unit
will power off. I determined it seems to be a short when moving
the earphone plug around...

Do you think Archos will fix this unit, or is it a design error?

Regards,

Greg