Subject: RE: Hardware problems
From: Garbacz Edward-MGI0797 (
Date: 2002-07-26

I have an AJB6k that had the same problem. If you decide to take apart your
jukebox you will see two solder joints right next to the earphone jack. I
touched these up and that solved the problem for me. My jukebox was out of
warranty that is why I fixed it myself. I would highly recommend sending it
back to Archos for repair if they will fix it under warranty otherwise you
may end up doing more harm. While I had mine apart I accidentally dropped
it on the floor of my garage a busted the display screen. Everything else
works so if I want to use it I have to guess where the directories are :(
If anyone has a broken AJB6k that they would sell me cheap let me know.

Ed G.