Subject: Re: Hardware problems

Re: Hardware problems

From: Doug <him10101_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:03:46 -0700 (PDT)

Yes I had an identical problem, where I could cause reboot by pushing the jack, and also found that applying pressure on various points on the case would cause it to not recognize the HD at all during boot up. Anyway, I emailed Archos and they just said to send it in for a replacement. It was a very easy swap. Unfortunately, I lost all of my data and had to spend three straight days in front of my computer getting everything back theway it was. Well the point i wanted to make was that yes, it is easy to get a replacement from Archos, and I believe all you need is your purchase information to show that your warranty still applies.
-Doug
 Greg Haerr wrote:: I can cause the Archos to spontaneously reboot or shut
: off by putting pressure on the earphone piece, which naturally presses the
: top/LCD/control board into the bottom/CPU board. Most of my audio and other
: settings are erased.

I have an Player 20, and it seems to have the same problem. If
I'm not careful and lift the unit by the earphone cord, the unit
will power off. I determined it seems to be a short when moving
the earphone plug around...

Do you think Archos will fix this unit, or is it a design error?

Regards,

Greg