Subject: Problems compiling under Linux
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2002-07-27

Hello,

I unpacked the source files under SuSE Linux 7.2 and started
tools/configure.

The firmware/Makefile says:

CC = sh-elf-gcc
LD = sh-elf-ld
AR = sh-elf-ar
AS = sh-elf-as
OC = sh-elf-objcopy

Why these names? I'd never seen that someone starts his c-compiler with
sh-elf-gcc! Why is is not just "cc" or "gcc"?

Then I edited the Makefile into

CC = gcc
LD = ld
AR = ar
AS = as
OC = objcopy

and started 'make'. The output:

-------------------
Updating dependencies for [...]
gcc -W -Wall -O -m1 -nostdlib -Wstrict-prototypes -Iinclude -I.
-Icommon -Idrivers -DARCHOS_PLAYER=1 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fschedule-insns -c drivers/adc.c -o drivers/adc.o
cc1: Invalid option `1'
make: *** [drivers/adc.o] Error 1

Has somebody an idea what this error means? I don't see a '1' option in
the parameter list above!? Do I have to install some special c-compiler?
(If so, it should probably updated in the 'Readme').

Thanks for any hints.
Bye, Uwe.