Subject: RE: Some little bugs in the 7/29 release

RE: Some little bugs in the 7/29 release

From: Nielsen Linus (ext) <"Nielsen>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:04:17 +0200

> * Info menu doesn't refresh automatically. Probably should
> refresh every 5 seconds

Fixed.

> * Shuffle seems to work only with playlists (sometimes it
> actually skips one or two songs, but never goes to a song
> before the current one being played)

Only playlists are being shuffled as for now. If a song is skipped it is
probably because of something else, like a file error or a nonexisting file
(or maybe even a bug :-).

> * With SAVE_TO_DISK: Saved scroll speed is loaded properly
> from disk when started, but doesn't get set until you go into
> the scroll speed menu

Fixed.

> * Able to power off while keylock is on

That is a hardware feature. We can't prevent the STOP/OFF key from shutting
down the unit.

> * If menu item is too long to be displayed, the item does not scroll

Wouldn't we rather have menu items that fit on screen? Not that we wouldn't
implement a menu item scroller, but I'm just wondering. This will probably
have to wait until after 1.2.

> * In WPS/ID3 mode, "Artist" does not scroll

The scroller is currently limited to one line at a time. We may scroll the
Artist as well as soon as we have fixed that.

> * In WPS/File mode, when keylock is turned on or off, the
> "Keylock ON" or "Keylock OFF" is displayed only for a fraction
> of a second (due to the scrolling of the filename)

That is because the scroller thread is unaware of the other text on screen,
and it is not an entirely easy fix. That will probably have to wait until
after 1.2.

> * Significant delay when doing a disk write of the configuration
> (probably can't do much about this)

No. The disk must spin up. We could of course delay the save until the disk
spins up for another reason.

The SAVE_TO_DISK feature will not be included in the 1.2 release though,
because it isn't tested enough.

> * Using (Menu)+ or (Menu)- to change the volume takes too
> long to hear a difference. Key repeat speed should be turned
> a bit faster.

Ok. Or maybe we could change it in larger steps. Not in 1.2 though.

> * Backlight and Scroll Speed menus doesn't have key repeat
> enabled, so to change the variables, you have to repeatedly press
> the + or - key. Kind of annoying :)

Fixed.

> * Battery Level/Percentage (Info menu) should use an average
> of the last 10 to 20 results. This will provide a more accurate
> reading for users.

We are working on this. It will not be in the 1.2 release.

Thank very much you for your excellent report!!!!

/Linus