Subject: RE: LOW_WATER and high bitrates

RE: LOW_WATER and high bitrates

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:45:17 +0100

It sounds like there is some other problem causing your skips. I did some
testing with a dynamic low water mark and I found that a low water mark of
0x32000 was enough for 320kbit files. I haven't tried this with the latest
builds though as this was based on a 2 week old build. I don't have my
results with me now but I think I found that a 320kbit file will require
more data after about 53 seconds of playing.

Stu.