Subject: Re: A couple of questions about KPIT SH development environment
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-07-31

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 Sambass12345_at_aol.com wrote:

> Will this package run the configure script in the tools directory? If it
> will, what are the magic words?

The configure script is a standard unix shell script. If the kit includes a
bourne shell compatible, it should work.

The configure script generates a Makefile that uses the unix-style make and
build process, which thus implies that you have a setup and compiler that
works the same way as the unix (Linux) one.

> Second, is there an i686 gcc package that will run with KPIT so that the
> tools (scramble, etc.) can be compiled? If there is, where can I get it
> and how do I install it?

You should be able to build those simple programs with basicly any compiler
of your choice. They are host-based tools, not meant for target.

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Rocking the box => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/