Subject: RE: Battery life
From: Stuart Tedford (
Date: 2002-08-02

Rockbox ver 20020801 ran for 9 hours 25 minutes. This is significantly
lower than the stock firmware (10 hours 50 minutes), and yet RockBox's disk
caching is far better than stock - I just don't understand.

I remember that someone did a current usage test on the stock firmware not
so long ago. Could someone do this on RockBox too?, so we can see where we
are using excess power?

I will test ver 20020802 (or later) next week, when I can replicate the same
test environment again.

(Just a thought... I don't know that much about electronics but how often
are we refreshing the DRAM? Would this effect power usage?)