Subject: RE: Battery life
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2002-08-02

> I know that the current CVS version (20020802) uses 125 mA when idle,
> compared with the 95mA of the stock version.

ok, I assume by "idle" you mean playing a song but not accessing the HDD -
as this is what I was doing in my tests - continuously playing and accessing
the hdd as required.

> We don't put the CPU to sleep, something that may change the power
> consumption a little. But that will have to wait a little, since we
> have to change the kernel a lot to accomplish that.

Do you think the stock firmware sleeps the CPU? It seems to be doing a lot
of processing - updating the display with those silly vu meters and
scrolling etc - doesn't leave much time for sleeping.

Stu.