Subject: RE: MP3 plays silent
From: Heiko Scharke (
Date: 2002-08-05

Hi Magnus,

I am happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You were right. The CRC of all my mp3 were encoded with 00 00.

I applyed "mp3check --fix-crc *.mp3" and all my mp3's (~15GB) work

Again, thanx a lot!!!!

BTW: I ask this question to many forum's and email list and also to
ARCHOS support. Everybody confirmed that the mp3's did not work but
nobody had a solution ...
BTW2: rockbox firmware is really good! Especially the sound is somehow
better. Why the stock-ware can not reach such sound quality??? ... and
when rockbox plans to implement 'save settings', 'fast forward', 'fast
rewind' feature ???

Dipl.-Ing. Heiko Scharke Tel: +49 351 80800 712
Systemonic AG Fax: +49 351 80800 39
Am Waldschloesschen 1
D-01099 Dresden