Subject: actual file marking while playing a dir (bug?)
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2002-08-06

Hello,

I found out a strange behaviour, how rockbox changes what file is marked
when going into the file browser (with "on") while playing.

- I started playing a dir with the first file (no playlinst, shuffle
  off). It was voice only mp3 with 24 kbps, so rockbox can hold more than
  one title in the buffer at once.
- at title 7 I pressed "on" and the browser has marked title 6
- I went up and down in the browser and pressed on several times (not
  changing the file that's playing) and left the marker then on title 3
- after playing one track, I pressed "on" again and the marker was at
  title 4

So could please someone who cares about the directory and playlist
things check how rockbox sets the variable that decides where the marker
is when I press on?
I could not recognize if it changes when filling the buffer with more
data (maybe more than the next title) or when the actual file that's
played. I think the file that's marked when pressing on should ever be
the actual playing file.

Bye, Uwe.