Subject: RE: bugs in the current CVS
From: M. OReilly (
Date: 2002-08-06

Actually, why not the best CD players: when back is pressed
within 1-2 secs from the beginning of a song, it goes to the previous
song. When pressed 2+ secs after, it goes to the beginning
of the song. This works intuitively.

So long as it's not 10 seconds like my stupid car radio...

Also, I suppose this is just a drawback to the original Archos firmware
(AJBR20), but sometimes the forward and reverse buttons take seconds to
respond. A more instantaneous response from the rockbox would be 100%
better. This may not be possible when switching from song to song because
of the queueing time... perhaps this stands for another call for an audible
sound when a function takes place. An .mp3 of a beep or something small
could be stored in memory for instant use - I think I recall this being
discussed briefly awhile ago on the list.

Oh, and if we are going to have FF and FR functions available for going back
and forth within a song, we should see if we can register a keypress on
release instead of on press. (You guys might have already figured out how
to do that, I don't know.)