Subject: Discussion about the content of the status bar on recorders
From: Markus Braun (
Date: 2002-08-06

Hello everyone!

I think it's time to discuss and decide what should be displayed in the
status bar on recorder models. Here is what I put to the status bar at the

- battery fill state
- a power plug that is shown when batteries are charged
- a speaker and a volume gauge. The speaker is canceled when volume is 0
- a play state icon (playing, stopped, pause, fastforward, fastbackward, record,
        record pause)
- a play mode icon (play once, repeat, shuffle, shuffle repeat)
- a lock icon when keys are locked
- the current time of day

To get a visual impression see

I know that it is impossible to build a status bar that matches the whishes
of everyone. Lets try to find a compromise ....

Markus Braun