Subject: Discussion about the content of the status bar on recorders

Discussion about the content of the status bar on recorders

From: Markus Braun <Markus.Braun_at_krawel.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:53:52 +0200

Hello everyone!

I think it's time to discuss and decide what should be displayed in the
status bar on recorder models. Here is what I put to the status bar at the
moment:

- battery fill state
- a power plug that is shown when batteries are charged
- a speaker and a volume gauge. The speaker is canceled when volume is 0
        (mute)
- a play state icon (playing, stopped, pause, fastforward, fastbackward, record,
        record pause)
- a play mode icon (play once, repeat, shuffle, shuffle repeat)
- a lock icon when keys are locked
- the current time of day

To get a visual impression see
http://www.stz-softwaretechnik.de/~mb/status.png

I know that it is impossible to build a status bar that matches the whishes
of everyone. Lets try to find a compromise ....

Markus Braun