Subject: Re[2]: play marked file vs. start random file (when shuffle is on)
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2002-08-07

Hello,

Nielsen Linus (ext) wrote on Wednesday, August 7, 2002, 7:13:07 AM:

>> When shuffle is on and I play a dir (not a playlist),
>> rockbox starts always with the marked file.

NLe> The current CVS build does not start with the marked file in
NLe> shuffle mode. At least not on my box.

I tested the daily build from yesterday (it was no 7. Aug 2002-version
there at 2 o'clock in the night, when are they created?). Now I tested
the new one and it behaved like you said. Great!

>> For the player models, a menu option could be made to set
>> the behaviour for the "right" button ("play" not available there).

NLe> Or perhaps MENU+PLAY?

What do you think could be the general solution to translate the
functions of the recorder-buttons to the player?

recorder player
F1 Menu+left
F2 Menu+up (up = called play?)
F3 Menu+right
Play Menu+down (down = called pause?)

?? You can imagine left-up-right to be in a line just like F1-F2-F3.

Bye, Uwe.