Subject: RE: Re[2]: play marked file vs. start random file (when shuffle i s on)
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (
Date: 2002-08-07

> What do you think could be the general solution to
> translate the functions of the recorder-buttons to the player?
> recorder player
> -------------------------
> F1 Menu+left
> F2 Menu+up (up = called play?)
> F3 Menu+right
> Play Menu+down (down = called pause?)
> ?? You can imagine left-up-right to be in a line just like F1-F2-F3.

The general idea (now) is to use the MENU key as a shortcut to changing
parameters while playing music. Today it is MENU/- and MENU/+ for volume,
and MENU/STOP for key lock. We can perhaps use ON for those combinations...

BTW, the "down" button on the player is the STOP button, and using MENU+STOP
as the Play button is probably not very wise. :-)

I get the idea, though. It certainly is something to think about...