Subject: Re: Discussion about the content of the status bar on recorders
From: Markus Braun (Markus.Braun_at_krawel.de)
Date: 2002-08-07

* Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de) wrote:
> Hello Markus,
>
> Markus Braun wrote on Tuesday, August 6, 2002, 9:53:52 PM:
>
> MB> I think it's time to discuss and decide what should be displayed in the
> MB> status bar on recorder models. Here is what I put to the status bar at the
> MB> moment:
>
> MB> - a power plug that is shown when batteries are charged
>
> Does it distinguish
> - no external power
> - external power & recharging
> - external power & not recharging ?
> I think three symmbols for that or a blinking power plug symbol (while
> recharging) would be great.

It only distinguish charging/not charging. I think the plugged external
power should be visible :) But possibly it would be nice to see the three
states in the status bar. I currently don't know how to show visualize this.

> MB> - a play mode icon (play once, repeat, shuffle, shuffle repeat)
>
> I would like a "x/y" that shows how many titles were played in the
> actual dir/playlist. But maybe the statusbar is not the right place for
> that.

Such a information would be nice, but I think the status bar is not the
right place for that. I think it belongs to the wps.

Markus Braun