Subject: Re[6]: Load time lags

Re[6]: Load time lags

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 17:10:37 +0200

Hello Nielsen,

Nielsen Linus (ext) wrote on Friday, August 9, 2002, 3:04:53 PM:

>> 5 sec read (on) - 45 sec wait (off) - ... (repeat it)
>> just as
>> 5 sec read (on) - 15 sec wait (on) - 30 sec wait (off) - ...
>> (repeat it)
>>
>> both mean one spin down of the hdd.

NLe> Not if you set the timeout to 60 seconds.

..that means the HDD is always spinned up. And that was my third mode.

>> I think some settings with a name rather than numbers are enough:

NLe> Really? I can assure you that people will want to adjust the
NLe> timeout. 15 seconds may be good for you, but other people may think
NLe> differently.

I think, the three modes I described are very suitable and I hope you
agree with me that they should behave as I wrote. The ability to
additionaly set the timeout value that is used there is not necessary,
as I think, but I've nothing against it being there.

BTW: Your Forename is Linus, or not? Why have you set your mail program
to write "Nielsen Linus" and not "Linus Nielsen" as sender? Or are you
from (StarTrek Universe's) Bajor? ;-) What is this "(ext)"?

Bye, Uwe.