Subject: wps configuration hack
From: Mat Pritchard (
Date: 2002-08-10

I got fed up with the WPS screen showing the filename and bitrate, so I
made a quick hack this morning to configure what is displayed.

It adds a new submenu to general settings where you can define, line by
line, which id3 tag you want displayed.

It defaults to something close to the original hardcoded values when
the status bar is enabled.

Known issues:

It doesn't save the settings. Perhaps someone could help me here.
If the old option is longer than the new option, some debris sometimes
I've probably broken the win32 simulator.
There's a couple of warnings I don't understand.
I don't like the individual set_lines functions, but the function in
menuitem doesn't take a parameter. This could probably be cleaned up.

You need to apply the patch, and add apps/wps_format_menu.c and h

Hopefully someone else will find this useful.

Mat Pritchard (matp)

Do You Yahoo!?

  • application/octet-stream attachment: mypatch