Subject: Re: charging algorithm averaging
From: Heikki Hannikainen (hessu_at_hes.iki.fi)
Date: 2002-08-13

  Hi Uwe,

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Uwe Freese wrote:

> Comment to charging algorithm:
>
> An average gradient (the delta), I would calculate like this
> (s1,s2,... are the voltage samples here for a shorter explanation):
>
> instead of delta = (s6 - s1) / 6
> calculate if by delta = ((s4 + s5 + s6) - (s1 + s2 + s3)) / 6

  Yes, this is a good idea, thanks.

  I implemented it and am trying it out now, with a small modification
though: the above would produce much smaller values for the delta, so at
first I'll try with only two samples at both ends of the range.

  Btw, after yesterday's changes the charger seems to work much better.

  - Hessu