Subject: Re: max 200 entries in a dir. why?

Re: max 200 entries in a dir. why?

From: Justin Heiner <jheiner_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:35:58 -0700 (PDT)

In the grand scheme of things, the games that are included take up very little
space of the 2MB buffer. Even a 200 file limit can be very high in size,
considering the maximum size of each path is 260 bytes. That's 52k, if each
file takes up the maximum path size. If the games were eliminated, I guess you
were reduce it by a few K. The ideal solution would be to get rid of the limit
altogether through some ingenious solution.

My question is how much a 400 file limit would affect the buffer? Seems like
taking 52k off of the buffer wouldn't up the battery consumption all that much,
and it would get rid of the quabbling over this, at least temporarily :)

-Justin