Subject: Re: Rattle snakes?

Re: Rattle snakes?

From: Guy Devos <vosg_at_skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:49:43 +0200

Linus,

> I have analyzed your file and I see a monstruous ID3 tag containing a
> BMP image. My guess is that the MP3 decoder tries to play it and that
> is what causes the rattling sound.

I'm almost certain that MusicMatch Jukebox (the player that ships with the Archos jukebox recorder) has placed the BMP into the
TagId when it went on the internet to read the on-line CDDB info. It displays the BMP too. All the MP3's that I have ripped with
Musicmatch Jukebox have the rattling noise if MusicMatch displays a picture when it plays these files.

Hope this helps improving RockBox...

Thanks and cu,
Guy.