Subject: shorter file names
From: Fabian Merki (fabian_at_merkisoft.ch)
Date: 2002-08-14

hi guys

all my mp3 files are named as (i think it's more or less a "mp3 standard")
bandname - song.mp3

(sometimes with a songnumber)

but if the bandname is for example "christina milian" and you have about 10 songs of her, the display contains 10 times her name. but i don't know which line is which songs - except you scroll to each and wait until the name is scrolled to left...
my idea is that if we had an option to set "cut each word of bandname to 4-chars" than the directorylisting could look like:

 chri mili-am to
instead of
 christina milian

of course the 4 chars should be configurable (maybe someone only needs 3 or even 2 or would like to cut the bandname anyway...).

btw: probably this could also reduce the needed memory.

what do you think?

fabian