Subject: Re: Tracknum

Re: Tracknum

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:43:16 +0200

Hello Magnus,

Magnus Holmgren wrote on Wednesday, August 14, 2002, 3:16:19 PM:

MH> I added tracknum to the ID3 info display (on players) just to
MH> confirm what I suspected: it isn't set properly. But when I run
MH> id3.c in standalone debug mode, it works just fine... Anyone knows
MH> if tracknum is set on a recorder and/or can debug id3.c
MH> (setid3v2title) on a player?

The struct mp3entry has the fields

    char *title;
    char *artist;
    char *album;
    int tracknum;

and some more.

- tracknum isn't set in setid3v1title(...) (of id3.c)
- year, genre, comment (all fields of id3v1.1) aren't variables of
  mp3entry and aren't processed

General question: Which fields of id3v1.1 and id3v2 should be
processed? Which should be displayed? If something is never displayed,
it needn't be read, of course.

The tracknum could make a function possible, that all files in a dir
are played in the order of the tracknum, year and genre are only
additional information to the user.

Bye, Uwe.