Subject: Re: Tracknum
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-08-14

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Uwe Freese wrote:

> - tracknum isn't set in setid3v1title(...) (of id3.c)

Right, only TRCK in the id3v2 tag reader. But Magnus said it works when
debugging and thus he must be talking about id3v2 tags.

> General question: Which fields of id3v1.1 and id3v2 should be processed?

General answer: the interesting ones.

> Which should be displayed?

The ones people think are interesting to see. I guess we cover most of them
already.

> If something is never displayed, it needn't be read, of course.

As it works now. In fact the current code also skips anything that isn't
within the firs 300 bytes of the id3v2 header to avoid having to read and
scan a lot of data.

> The tracknum could make a function possible, that all files in a dir
> are played in the order of the tracknum,

Yes, as a believe there's a feature-request wanted that function.

> year and genre are only additional information to the user.

And in my experience *very* seldomly filled in, and even in the rare cases
when they are used, very often filled in incorrectly.

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/